2. Full Draft Exeter Plan consultation (autumn 2023)
The Exeter Plan is the new name for the Local Plan. It will shape the future of Exeter for the next twenty years, to 2040, and will be the main planning policy document for Exeter.
What is the Full Draft of the Exeter Plan?
The Full Draft Exeter Plan consultation is the third round of consultation undertaken in the Exeter Plan making process. We have used feedback from previous two rounds of consultation to inform the current Full Draft Exeter Plan. This consultation meets Regulation 18 of national planning legislation. It builds on the framework included in the previous Outline Draft and includes:
- The vision for the city.
- A large number of policies covering different topics which will be used to steer planning applications.
- Potential development sites for a mixture of uses including housing and employment.
- A proposals map, which shows the extent of spatial designations and proposals contained within the Plan.
The following documents accompany the Exeter Plan and are also published for public consultation:
- Sustainability Appraisal of the Exeter Plan. This is an assessment of the likely effects of the Full Draft Exeter Plan on social, economic, and environmental issues.
- Habitats Regulation Assessment of the Exeter Plan. This is an assessment of the Full Draft Exeter Plan on the internationally important sites for biodiversity in and around Exeter.
We would like your comments on the Full Draft Exeter Plan.
The consultation will run between 23 October 2023 and 15 January 2024.
Have your say
25 October, 1.00pm - 6.30pm: Haven Banks Outdoor Education Centre, Haven Road
2 November, 1.00pm - 7.00pm: Exeter Community Centre, 17 St David’s Hill
6 November, 1.00pm - 7.00 pm: Custom House Visitor Centre, The Quay
7 November, 11.00am - 2.00pm: Central Library, Castle Street
9 November, 1.00pm - 7.00pm: St Thomas Cricket & Social Club, Grace Road, Marsh Barton
13 November, 12.30pm - 6.00pm: Matthews Hall, Topsham
20 November, 1.00pm - 7.00pm: The Guildhall, 203 High Street
27 November, 1.00pm - 7.00pm: Emmanuel Hall Theatre Alibi, Emmanuel Road
28 November, 11.00am - 2.00pm: Central Library, Castle Street
5 December, 1.00pm - 7.00pm: Alphington Village Hall, Ide Lane, Alphington
7 December, 1.00pm - 7.00pm: Positive Lights, 184 - 187 Sidwell Street
12 December, 1.00pm - 7.00pm: Newcourt Community Centre, Blakeslee Drive
13 December, 4.00pm - 7.00pm: Toby Carvery, Rydon Lane
11 January 2024, 1.00pm - 7.00pm: Marsh Barton Social Club/St Thomas Cricket & Social Club, Grace Road, Marsh Barton