Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Close banner

Voter ID - have you got yours?

To vote in the upcoming 4 May Local Elections you will need to show photo ID. To find out more about accepted forms of photo ID, and if you need to apply for a free Voter Authority Certificate, see our Voter ID page.

What is an empty home?

Show all parts of this guide

1. Overview

What does the empty homes service do?

We work in the private housing market to help owners of empty properties to bring them back into use.

We aim to prevent homes and buildings standing empty or becoming empty and to preserve and improve the city's housing stock.

Owners of empty, residential properties are provided with information about leasing schemes, private renting and general advice to help bring the property back into use.


Contact us

Contact the Private Sector Housing team 9:00am-5:00pm on 01392 265147 or by email to