Music services in Exeter
Classical, folk, jazz, urban beats and more - Exeter has a good music scene
Exeter City Council supports a range of music activities from classical, orchestral, choral, jazz, folk, rock, world and contemporary live performances at a variety of venues. Other music initiatives, concerts, gigs and music making are supported through Exeter Arts Council grants.
- Barnfield Theatre - promotes variety of music with performers such as Clare Teal as well as regular folk nights. Contact the Box Office on 01392 270891.
- Exeter Cathedral - presents classical concerts promoted by choirs and orchestras from Exeter, Devon and the wider region.
- Exeter Northcott Theatre, University of Exeter campus - variety of music events included in programme of events Contact the Box Office on 01392 493493.
- Vibraphonic - promotes urban music from Jazz to hip hop.
- Exeter Corn Exchange - regular music events are included in the programme of events here. Contact the Box Office 01392 665866.
- Exeter Phoenix - regular live music gigs. Contact the Box Office on 01392 667080.
- Mama Stone's - regular live music, plus vocal lessons on Saturdays and Sundays for all ages.
- The Cavern Club - promotes live music.
- The Lemon Grove on University campus - regular events with some big names.
- Timepiece Nightclub - live music gigs on Mondays & Fridays, Worldbeat night on Bank Holiday Sundays and occasional big name acts.
- Wren Trust - lead choirs and workshops and promote performances across the City.
- Exeter Phoenix - promotes regular workshops provided by a range of musicians such as traditional Breton music and dance and pre school music education. Contact the Box Office on 01392 667080.
Music groups and societies