Is this a new chapter in your life?
Maybe you are moving to a new home in Exeter, starting a new job, or enrolling at a new school or college. Or maybe you would just like to change your travel habits.
In Exeter there are lots of alternatives to using the car:-
- Walking in Exeter - The compact nature of the city makes it easy to walk from place to place, using paths and quieter roads.
- Cycling - information and advice - Your bike can give you the "Freedom of your City" - find out more about this quick, cheap and healthy means of transport that more and more people are choosing.
- Buses - information and advice - Frequent services run from early until late, all over Exeter. The surrounding area is well served too. Discounted fares are available to regular travellers.
- Trains - information and advice - Trains serve the city centre and some suburbs, and connect Exeter to the rest of the UK.
If none of these methods suits all your needs, think about these options:-
- Don't need a car all the time? Co-Cars, the car club for Exeter, provides cars which can be used by its members.
- No alternative to driving to work? Car Share Devon can put you in touch with other people making the same journey.
- Park and ride - ideal if you live outside Exeter but work in the city centre, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, or County Hall.