- Individuals and organisations play an active part in shaping Exeter's social, economic, political and cultural life, and people from different backgrounds are tolerant and respectful of one another.
- More about A city with strong communities
- The population is the youngest in Devon.
- University students make up 10% of residents.
- Communities are becoming increasingly diverse.
- Different people get on well together.
- More about Exeter today
Exeter's citizens want more choice over the type and quality of the services they receive. Strong, clear and effective community leadership is critical, and individuals need the skills and confidence to become involved with their community.
More about Meeting the challenges ahead
- Develop and support citizen involvement.
- Consult more effectively.
- Build links between local communities and students.
- Strengthen inter-faith and community relationships.
- Reduce deprivation in Exeter's most deprived areas.
- More about What we need to do
Back to Sustainable Community Strategy