See our privacy notices for details on how we manage personal information
Report a missed bin
Please note: Due to shortage of staff, we cannot commit to return to empty a reported bin by a set date. Please leave your container at your usual collection point until our crews return for it.
Additionally, we are currently not able to return for missed food waste bins. Please take the food bin in and present the following week. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Domestic waste, recycling or garden waste
If your bin has not been collected, you can use this service to let us know and to see if there was a problem.
Before using this service, please note the following.
- The information provided by this form is taken directly from live reports made by our crews using their in-vehicle technology as they move around the city. If they have reported a problem with your collection, the information will be available to you immediately.
- This is the same information as is available to our Customer Support team.
- Make sure that you report a non-collection by the end of the next working day (up to midnight) following the scheduled collection day; we will not be able to return for any genuinely missed bins reported after this.
- If the report states that the crew has not yet visited your street, please resubmit your report after 5pm on the scheduled collection day when the system automatically uploads any delayed reports. Please do not call us as we will be unable to assist until after the system has updated.
- Bins should be presented after 6pm on the night before collection, but no later than 6am on the day of collection.
- We cannot guarantee the time of day that a collection will take place.
- The waste collection crew cannot step onto your property without a valid and in-date Assisted Waste Collection agreement in place between you and the Council.
- This service is for reporting non-collection of domestic waste only. For commercial waste enquiries, please visit our Commercial Waste pages.
Winter 2023: The current cold weather is causing the contents of some garden waste bins to become frozen inside the bin. This is preventing our crews from fully emptying the bins.
If your bin hasn’t been emptied or has been partially emptied due to the contents being frozen inside, please keep hold of your garden waste until your next collection or wait until it has unfrozen and take it to a recycling centre.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
You will need to tell us your address.
The form will let you know if there was a reason why your bin wasn't collected or it will send a message to the crew asking them to return to collect your bin.